Week 2: Hill Country Galleria

There are a bunch of great places in Austin. It just really depends what you’re looking for. If you’re wanting to spend some time outdoors, Zilker Park is great. Hamilton Pool is a nice place to go during the unbearable summer. But overall, my favorite place in Austin is the Hill Country Galleria.

From the delicious coal-fired pizza at Tony C’s to the steaming fajitas at Iron Cactus, there is a wide variety of restaurants that are sure to satisfy your taste buds. At most restaurants, you can sit outside, if the weather is nice, and enjoy the music playing at the amphitheater-like area in the center of the galleria. After you eat, head to Amy’s Ice Cream or Yogurt Planet to enjoy a cold treat.

In addition to the multitude of restaurants, there are also many shops at the Hill Country Galleria. It’s not only clothes; there is also Dick’s Sporting Goods and Bath and Body Works. Or if you’re like me, and would really rather not go shopping, there’s always Barnes and Nobles. I would prefer reading to clothes shopping any day.

If none of these things appeal to you, there’s always the cinema. Everyone enjoys a good movie. What’s a better way to spend a nice day outside than to stay inside a dark room with a large screen for a couple hours? But really, the movie theater is great, and much better than staying home by yourself watching a movie on Netflix.

The Hill Country Galleria is a great place to go if you’re wanting to spend some money, hang out with your friends, or just have a fun time.

2 thoughts on “Week 2: Hill Country Galleria

1. Hi Rachel,

I love Barnes and Noble- one of my favorite stores to spend hours in! Austin sound like a great place to visit. Thank you for sharing a little bit of where you a from! Keep up the great work with the challenges! My students will be visiting your page soon!

Mrs. Emerick (blogging mentor)